REACH is an academic assistance program designed to support and prepare students for college-level study. IVY Tech State College and Indiana University Northwest have developed a partnership to expand the academic opportunities in our community.
The REACH program helps prepare students for the expectations of university course work. It creates an opportunity for students who are not immediately admitted to Indiana University Northwest to brush up on their study skills and earn transferable credits. Upon completion of the REACH requirements with a C or better, a REACH student will be guaranteed admission to IU Northwest.
What Benefits Will I Get From Participating?
- A chance to make a strong start in your college career
- An opportunity to gain experience at a college
- Access to support networks at both IU northwest and IVY Tech (student technology centers, writing and math labs, and the fitness center)
- Earn credits that will transfer to IU Northwest
What are the program requirements?
- Apply for admittance at IVY Tech and be accepted to IVY Tech.
- Take IVY Tech placement tests.
- Complete any required review courses.
- Complete Freshmen Writing (English 111).
- Complete College Algebra (Math 136).
- Complete any courses from the following list with a C or better:
- US History 101
- Biology 101
- Psychology 101
- Sociology 111
- Speech 101
- American Gov 101
- English Comp 112
- Computer Literacy 101
- Philosophy 101
- Return to IU Northwest to update your application.
How do I sign up?
- Students eligible for the REACH program will be referred to the program by IU Northwest Admissions counselors.
- Fill out an application in Hawthorn 425.
- Take your IU Northwest information to Ivy Tech to enroll.