Major Bachelor of Fine Arts - Studio Arts
- Fundamental Studio (9 cr.)
- Studio courses above the 100 level (48 cr.) must include a minimum of three and a maximum of six of the introductory (200-level) courses
- S497 Independent Study in Studio Art, capstone class, for the spring semester during the final year
- A101 and A102 art history (6 cr.)
- Two 300 and 400 level art history (6 cr.)
- A435 Art Theory, capstone class, to be taken fall of junior year
During the final year, each student must assume full responsibility for mounting a personal exhibit that will include terminal and representative work in the major field and, if applicable, in the minor field as well.
To meet this requirement, the student must:
- File in the departmental office an "Intent to Graduate" one calendar year prior to the intended completion date. You must meet with your principal teacher to determine if you are prepared to enroll in FINA-S 497.
- Submit a portfolio of the most recent and best work in the major discipline to the departmental office before the completion of the fall semester, prior to enrolling in FINA-S 497. The studio program in the final year shall be coordinated with the evaluation of the portfolio.
- Enroll in FINA-S 497 Independent Study in Studio Art for the spring semester during the final year.
- Prepare the exhibit under the principal teacher's guidance. This will include drafting a descriptive statement about the work in the exhibit: goals, intent, approach, techniques, etc.
- Be prepared to exhibit in accordance with the departmental schedule at any time during the final semester. FINA-A 435 and FINA-S 497 fulfill the capstone requirement.
- Graduating Senior Exhibit
- Students must also complete the general requirements for the College of Arts and Sciences
(71 cr. )
For more information, visit the Fine Arts page on the IU Northwest Bulletin.