(flammable, toxic, corrosive, oxygen, cryogenic)
If a gas cylinder or gas piping should begin leaking and if in the judgment of the person or persons responsible for such materials believe(s) it presents any danger to themselves or the other building occupants, the following steps should be taken.
- Confine the fumes, vapors or fire as much as possible to limit the impact to the leak area.
- Call the IUN Police Department at 980-6501 and give:
- Room number
- Type of incident
- Name of the chemical involved, if known
- Evacuate from the building to a safe area, leaving access for emergency personnel. Do not return to buildings until instructed to do so by the Police or Fire Department.
- Suspected gas leaks or suspicious odors should also be reported to the IUN Police Department at 980-6501 so that the appropriate personnel can be notified and the source of the odor investigated.