Pre-professional Advising Office of Dr. Atilla Tuncay in Marram Hall , Room 218 provides a variety of services that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Academic advising on proper course selection and academic progress.
- Information on academic majors.
- Information and updates on careers in the health care field.
- Information on summer internship and research opportunities.
- Guidance in making application to professional school.
- Guidance in making application to participate in professional school admissions tests.
- Guidance in acquiring medically related volunteer experiences.
- Organizing an MCAT review workshop including a mock MCAT.
- Offering a 1-credit hour freshmen seminar course titled Preprofessional Studies.
- Guidance and help in acquiring and sending of "Letters of Recommendation".
- Assistance with all professional school related questions.
Pre-professional students are expected to take an active role in preparing for their professional education as well as their career. We encourage and challenge you to meet with your advisor on a regular basis to ensure that you are fulfilling both the requirements for graduation and for making application to the professional schools of your choice.
Pre-Health Professions Advisor
[[atuncay,Dr. Atilla Tuncay]] , the pre-health professions advisor here at I.U. Northwest, is available by appointment to assist pre-professional students on an individual basis.
Office: Marram Hall , Room 218
Phone: (219) 980-6745
Fax: (219) 980-6673