Welcome to the IU Northwest Radiologic Sciences
Radiologic Sciences COVID-19 Information
- Radiologic Sciences Programs department is open, and we continue to advise students. Contact your advisor by phone or email. Advising is being done virtually via Zoom.
- Clinical experiences this fall will be in-person. We are in close contact with our clinical affiliates, and we will update students as necessary.
- Many faculty and staff are working remotely and on campus occasionally. Office phones and emails are being answered. Faculty are predominately conducting office hours remotely.
- Didactic courses are being taught in a hybrid format, with some content online, some through Zoom classrooms, and some in-person.
- We are making every effort to keep faculty, staff, and students safe and healthy, and ask that all students do their part to help in this endeavor.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented national emergency.
Students please be sure to check canvas daily for important updates. For more back to schoo pro-tips, visit fall 2020 IU Northwest update page.Dr. Vesna Balac, Program Director
Within the Department of Radiologic Sciences, interested students can obtain an Associate of Science Degree in Radiography or a Bachelor of Science Degree in Radiologic Sciences. The AS Radiography Program prepares students to be radiographers in the health care environment.
Radiographers are experts in the performance of examinations requiring the use of x-rays and highly complex machinery to produce a quality x-ray image (radiograph) of the internal parts of the body for interpretation by a medical doctor (radiologist).
The BS degree in Radiologic Sciences offers individuals the opportunity to pursue three separate concentrations:
- Clinical concentration for the associate degree radiographer
- Diagnostic medical sonography
- Radiation therapy
The diagnostic medical sonography and radiation therapy programs are open to individuals with either a health professional AS degree background or a non-health professional background.