Guidelines for Grant Proposals
The following are guidelines for all externally funded grants.
- All grants are processed with the cooperation of the Office of Sponsored Research.
- Any aspect of the proposal that affects the Primary Instructor’s (PI) normal university activities, compensation and cost sharing must be discussed with the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences prior to submission.
- It is the Primary Instructor's (PI) responsibility to ensure that all aspects of the grant budget are properly followed.
- All interactions with the granting agency are the responsibility of the Primary Instructor (PI).
- The grant may fund a course release for the Primary Instructor (PI). The cost of the course release is equal to 1/8 of the Primary Instructor's (PI) salary plus fringe benefits.